Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Weigh-in Wednesday

Today, I have a slight gain of .4 pounds. Yes, I'm back on the wagon, but I'm finding it hard to count points. Today, I bought one of those three month counters. Does anyone else use them? I just need to get back to actually counting. Like someone said at WW, "If you snack it, track it." Or something equally dorky.

I've been dealing with a lot of house stuff this week. Right before I met all you fine people, I had a flood in my house. I had all the absolute essentials fixed immediately, but I left all the cosmetic issues to be dealt with during my 2 month vacation. So, I'm doing that.

Also, I'm inheriting my grandparents' spinet (that's a small upright piano -- about 35" tall), but it's 200 miles from here. You can't imagine what people want to charge to move a piano. We're talking $1000+ here. So, I'm having to be creative. We're renting a U-Haul, hiring piano movers to pack it up in the U-Haul, driving it ourselves, and then having my big strong man friends (it pays to be a flirt, I promise) unload it into the house. It's still going to cost me about $400 and possibly a pizza and beer. Better than the $1200 - $1400 estimates I was getting.

Plus, the air conditioning is having issues. I'm okay with just the fans here in Atlanta (average high is about 85 F during the summer), but Max, the new BF, is not. He's a sweaty boy who doesn't want to sleep here until it's fixed. You know that means less cooking for me, and I'm kind of okay with that.

Anyway, lots of little things I've got popping up all over the place. Now, I'm out of here and on my way to Sexy Montez the Trainer. Mmmm ... meat!

12 comments:

Chris H said...

Ah it's only a small gain mate! And good idea going and getting the spinet yourself... and making use of da men ya flirt with.... ah sometimes it's good to be a girl! hee hee he

Kim said...

.4 pounds is nothing!! You are back on the 'ole wagon and that sucker is going in the right direction. :) I'm sure that this time next week you will see a nice loss.

That's really cool about getting the spinet. Good luck with all of the moving - sounds like you have it all under control! :)

VegasGirl said...

Agreed. .4 is nothing when you've come so far.

Good idea about moving it yourself. Sounds like you'll save a ton.

Christine said...

Hey - I bought a white board and I write down what I eat each day - and plan for my day on there. I feel better knowing my day is already planned. Don't worry about the gain - get back on it for next week! Take care.

Kate said...

A small gain is nothing, at least your back on the wagon, I'm sure you'll see a loss again next week!

Sarah said...

You'll lose what you gained and then some next week.

At my meetings my leader would always say "If you bite it, write it." Yes, equally as corny!

Good luck with the home repairs and piano moving.

Chris H said...

I forgot to say.... 400 grms is just 1 big piddle!!! And I use those 3 month tracker books too, when I'm being good1

Kelly said...

it might just be water weight? no worries! i use gains as motivation.

our AC is broken too....it sucks! :(

have a nice weekend!!

Moby Dick said...

Good work, keep trying!

"The Captain" said...

I noticed you moved under 40 bmi. That is a big accomplishment. .4 is nothing. Thanks for posting on my site.
Jeff

Foodie Girl said...

You are so funny. I love stopping to read what you have to say. It's refreshing.

Lauren said...

Great job on the weight loss so far. I think when I go home for the summer I'm going to find my WW stuff and try and put it together with OA.