Sunday, July 20, 2008

Home Again, Home Again Jiggity Jig

Max is en route from California. Thank goodness. I'll pick him up late tonight.

His brother is stable. He'll probably have to have the 3rd surgery this week, depending on the infection they're watching. Following that, he'll be moved from the ICU to the cancer floor. He'll probably stay there another week or so.

Max thinks he'll be home for about two weeks and then will head back out to help his brother put his affairs in order. I don't think there have been any decisions made about future treatment. I think Mike is likely to ditch the chemo and go live the rest of his days on an island somewhere. Really. Sounds kind of nice when you think about it.

I've already decided that I'm not going to weigh in on Wednesday. Everyone has been so kind ... taking me out for dinner, having me over, etc. I need about a week of normalcy to get back on the kinda lame track I had gotten on. I did get to watch one of my friend's toddlers spew carrots last night. That was a special time. For those of you who've been around a while, it kind of reminded me of last April when I was flying to Austin when the man in the seat behind me barfed all over my bare shoulder and hair. Ahh ... memories. :) That's still the most vile thing that I think has ever happened to me. Now, if it had been someone I knew, I think it would have been closer to okay. But, no, he was a perfect stranger with good aim.

3 comments:

VegasGirl said...

OMG! I must have missed that post! If someone had thrown up all over me, I think I would have turned around and returned the favor. *shudders*

Anonymous said...

Yes, it would have been a chain of barfing up the aisle if I'd been involved in that.

I laughed and laughed when I read that. It's just so horrible.

Chris H said...

Glad the 'kinda' brother in law is improving a wee bit... well enough to get his affairs in order anyway, and Yaaa Max is coming home. Eeeew to the bloke throwing up all over you! I hope the airline helped get you cleaned up and so on!